Oli RockbergerMake Press Inquiry
Whether you first discover Oli Rockberger through his work as a singer-songwriter, producer, arranger, keys sideman, or as 1/3rd of acclaimed band/production team Mister Barrington, you’ll find a distinctive musical voice running through the rich and varied work he does.
Londoner Rockberger, who currently lives in NY, first came to the US to take up a Full Scholarship to attend the prestigious Berklee College of Music ('99-'04). Since then, he has shared stages and studios with musical icons Levon Helm and Jackie DeShannon, Grammy winners Randy Brecker, Jesse Harris and John Mayer, and jazz luminaries Les McCann and Charlie Hunter. As a solo artist, he has shared festival bills with renowned artists such as Maceo Parker, Jamie Cullum, Kirk Whalum, Roy Haynes and Hiromi, and has performed at prestigious venues and festivals internationally including; The Lincoln Center (NYC), The Royal Albert Hall (London), The Cotton Club (Tokyo), Jazz Cafe (London), John MayerCraft Cruise Music Festival (Bahamas), Barcelona Jazz Festival, London Jazz Festival and the Brecon Jazz Festival .
His current work includes performing and recording with Randy Brecker whose lastest album (Feb '12 release) features two songs co-written and sung by Oli, as well as performing & recording with bass legend Will Lee, with whom he appeared at “The Cotton Club”, Toyko, over four sold-out nights back in Nov '12 in a band which also included drum phenomenon Steve Gadd. Oli will also be featured as a writer/arranger/player on Lee's upcoming record to be released later this year.
Meanwhile, Oli continues to perform & record with acclaimed electronic trio “Mister Barrington” alongside drummer/producer Zach Danziger and bassist/producer Owen Biddle. The group have released 2 albums on iTUNES and have been featured in Time Out (London & NY), The New Yorker, and aired on NPR and the UK's Jazz FM amongst others. Oli continues to be a main staple of gifted songman and fellow NY-based brit James Maddock's band, while Oli's sophmore Singer-Songwriter album “Old Habits”, which was Produced by Oli alongside Chris Abell (Chris Thile, Yo Yo Ma, The Wood Brothers), will be released in March 13', with NY/London CD release shows planned at The Rockwood Music Hall Stage 2 (NYC, March 13th ), and the Pizza Express Jazz Club (London, March 27th).
Jazz | World Music/Contemporary
- New York, NY
Oli Rockberger at Rockwood Music Hall with New Solo Album
“..a repertoire rippling with hip pop, and R&B harmonies, laced with jazz devices.”
All About Jazz
Whether you first discover Oli Rockberger through his work as a singer-songwriter, producer, arranger, keys sideman, or as one third of acclaimed band/production team Mister...
- Jazz FM, Album listing, 02/12/2013, Album of the Week: Oli Rockberger - 'Old Habits' See Text
- Inside World Music, Album review, 02/01/2013, CD Review: Oli Rockberger's 'Old Habits' See Text
- TheCelebrityCafe.com, Article, 02/18/2013, Oli Rockberger – 'Old Habits' See Text
- All About Jazz, Article, 02/25/2013, Oli Rockberger With New Solo Album See Text
- New York Daily News, Concert listing, 03/06/2013, Oli Rockberger "Old Habits" Album Launch See Text
- London Jazz News, Album review, 03/05/2013, CD Review: Oli Rockberger - Old Habits See Text
- WFUV, Concert listing, 03/13/2013, Listing See Text
- Jazzwise, Album review, 03/25/2013, Jazz breaking news: Oli Rockberger gets in the habit at Pizza See Text