Kevin Connor SwingtetMake Press Inquiry
Guitar and Tres
Guitarist, Tresero and composer Kevin Connor is a principal composer and arranger for the SuperSones a 7 piece Cuban Son band as well as the fiery Gypsy Jazz ensemble Hot Club Sandwich. His compositions have been seen on TV and heard on radio nationwide including NPR’s all things considered. He has performed with David Grisman, Dan Hicks, Michael Spiro, and many of todays leading Gypsy Jazz players. With his new Swingtet, he has composed 11 new songs with an emphasis on dance music from the USA and Cuba. Connor has teamed up with Latin Grammy award winning vocalist Carlos Cascante for 3 of the pieces including Cha Cha Cha, Changui, and bolero. The recording and concert will feature his playing on both guitar and Cuban tres and marks his first recording under his own name. The Swingtet will feature Craig Flory on Violin, Jeff Norwood on Bass and JoJo Mascorella on drums along with special guests.
World Music/Traditional | Latin | Jazz
Swinging Down to Cuba: The Kevin Connor Swingtet Hits the Mark
It don’t mean a thing if it ain’t got that swing. It’s as true today as it when Duke Ellington wrote the song in 1931. For the Kevin Connor Swingtet, led by composer, guitarist and tresero Kevin Connor, they’re words to live by, and they prove it on their debut CD, Guitar and Tres (release March 18th, 2014). From Gypsy Jazz to Cuban Son, it’s music to set the feet tapping and couples twirling round the floor.
It swings indeed, but this is your grandparents’...
- 03/18/2014, "Guitar and Tres" View
- VidaSalsera.com, Album review, 02/12/2014, Guitar and Tres See Text
- CDinsight, Album review, 02/25/2014, The Kevin Connor Swingtet hits the mark with ‘Guitar and Tres’ See Text
- Extra Music New, Article, 03/01/2014, TOP 15 World Promo Chart March 2014 See Text
- Inside World Music, Album review, 03/07/2014, Review See Text
- KPFA, Album listing, 03/20/2014, Airplay See Text
- Green Arrow Radio, 03/18/2014, Airplay See Text